158 Squadron - F/L Paul A. Cranmer RAAF

For local stories, memories and Information of the RAF bases and their crews.
pomfrog

158 Squadron - F/L Paul A. Cranmer RAAF

Post by pomfrog » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:26 pm

Hello, I am looking for information on the crew of a Halifax that was shot down on August 12th 1944 while returning from Brunswick. The Pilot Paul Cranmer RAAF was killed along with another crew membre. As far as I know the others bailed out. Leslie Butler, one of the crew wrote a letter to the Cranmer family from London in August 1945. (I have a copy of this). If anyone has any contact information for him or any other members of this crew who may still be alive I would welcome that. My mother was Paul's cousin. Thanks in advance

Wallsey

Post by Wallsey » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:12 am

Halifax MZ-760. NP-N. Airborne 2124 12Aug44 from Lissett. Cause of loss and crash-site not established. Those killed ar buried in the Becklingen War Cemetery. F/L P.A.Cranmer RAAF KIA Sgt S.H.Grover KIA F/L L.A.A.Butler Inj F/S V.Davenport PoW F/S W.C.Smalley PoW Sgt R.McLeod KIA Sgt F.W.W.Hall PoW. F/L L.A.A.Butler was confined in Hospital due injuries, no PoW No F/S V.Davenport was interned in Camp L7, PoW No.656 with Sgt .W.W.Hall, PoW No.663. F/S W.C.Smalley in Camp L3, PoW No.680.

Wallsey
Wallsey