King Family

For those who are tracing their Yorkshire ancestors with a surname beginning with the letters 'J' through 'R'
king2156

King Family

Post by king2156 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:18 pm

Hi.
I am trying to research my mother's family tree and hit a brick wall.
I wonder if anyone has any information on the King Family.I know that
John William King ( died 1928)and his Wife Alminea ((died 1955)are Buried in Weaverthorpe.If anyone has a photograph of the graves , i would be grateful.
They married in 1908 in kirby Grindalythe lived in Flixton and boythorpe.
I am also looking for any information about John's relations.Father , Mother, Grandfather and Grandmother.I live in Surrey and i am finding it hard trying to do any reasearch from here
Thanks
John

wend

Post by wend » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:47 pm

hiya, i think if you go to eyfhs web site you should be able to order a booklet off their site to do with graveyards it tells you where abouts the grave is and what is on the headstone,presuming there is a head stone, i am having the same problem noe trying to find relatives graves and i live round the east riding. Hope you find what your looking for.
wendy[:)]

Dirk Ireland

Post by Dirk Ireland » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:18 pm

Hi John
Alminea King (nee Ireland) was my Great Aunt. I don't have any photos of the grave but I do have an image of the Kirby Grindalythe Parish newsletter, which includes an entry relevant to their first born. At the time of her marriage Alminea was living with her parents, Thomas Lamplough Ireland and Elizabeth Ireland at Duggleby. She was one of eight. Contact me direct if you want the image. dirk_ireland@lineone.net
Regards
Dirk Ireland

Janet Lovegrove

Post by Janet Lovegrove » Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:31 pm

Hi John
There is a marriage of Alminea Ireland to John William King, Malton district in the March quarter, 1908. The reference is Volume 9d Page 565
It would be in your interest to order that certificate for 7 pounds. You will find the father of the bride and grooms named, as well as the father's occupations. Also will give the age of bride and groom. This would help you to trace John William King.

On the 1901 census, there is a John William King, aged 23, born Hull, working as a fish monger's clerk. He is shown as the son of John King, 48, an insurance agent, born London. Mother, Mary Elizabeth, aged 50, born Hull. John William's siblings were Beatrice 19, Ethel 15, Alice M. 13, Lilian Maud 10. Have you any info at all that could indicate this is his family?

If you do not know if this is your John, ordering his marriage certificate might help to determine if this is the correct family.

If you would like, I could send you the census image. Contact me at
janetlovegrove@rogers.com

Dirk Ireland

Post by Dirk Ireland » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:27 pm

Hi Janet / John
I am sure you have the right marriage - their first child, Eric, was bapt at Kirby Grindalythe on the 12 April 1808 so it fits. Sadly he died a couple of weeks later. The John W King from Hull doesn't fit with my research though. I have the JWK (who married Alminea Ireland) born about 1878 @ Flixton, son of son of John and Ann King. He died about 1928 at Boythorpe and the family moved to Weaverthorpe.

Best of luck

Dirk

dherbert

Post by dherbert » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:46 am

Hello
Trying to contact anyone doing research on the Kings from Garton- which I think is near Driffield, Yorkshire. I am particularly interested in Lownsborough King ( born 1852) and Sarah Ann King ( Born 1865)

dherbert

Post by dherbert » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:51 am

Re Kings of Garton.
My email address is keithh@velocitynet.com.au
Thank you

wizzwilson

Post by wizzwilson » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi John,

I know this post is very old but I was wondering how you got on with tracing the King side of the family. John William King and Alminea Ireland were my great grandparents. The Ireland side of the family have been relatively easy to trace back but not so the Kings.

So did Janet's post concerning JW Kings pareants turn out to be true?

I would be interested to know.

Steve

dherbert

Re: King Family

Post by dherbert » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:11 am

Hello
It is years since I accessed this site and may have missed many messages as my email address has changed.
I am very interested in the Kings of Foxholes and Garton on the Wold.
Hope there may be some contacts out there.
All the best
Di Herbert
Canberra
Australia