East Riding General Hospital

If you used to live in Driffield, and have moved on, why not drop a quick note and let everyone know how you are getting on.

East Riding General Hospital

Postby DeeM » Mon May 12, 2014 10:44 am

Hello, I am looking up people who worked at East Riding General Driffield in the 50s and early 60s I would very much like to contact anyone with memories of ERGH I did go to two reunions one at the Cornmill in Hull and one at the Pegasus in Driffield, there was one post from Patsy Hoe but I couldn't contact her most of the posts are from many years ago but I have only just found this site my name then was D Wilson there was also a Dorothy and Audrey Wilson worked there at the same time my email is deetide@btinternet,com thanks, anyone fit enough to still swing the bumper!!
DeeM

Re: East Riding General Hospital

Postby SueG » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:48 am

I worked there from 65 to 67
Sue
SueG

Postby DeeM » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:41 am

Sue, Thanks for replying I have tied sending reply but have a problem with posting it so I'm sending short acknowledgement
DeeM

Postby DeeM » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:02 pm

Wallah!!
Now I appear to have success, I was there 1956-1960 my name was D Wilson.
People remembered:-Matron Boyer, Sister Thompson (tutor) Dr John Seed. Miss Parks (catering) Mrs North(pharmacy)
Sisters:- Wright, Dalby(theatre) Smith, Baker, Prince-Pattenden, Tough, Edna Blenkin, Gooch, Moxon, Shaw,
Porters & domestic staff:- Meek(lodge) John Rushton, Harold Brough, Bud Waites, ?? Hood, Tilly, Winnie Stork.
Nurses:-Pam Lund, Joy Richardson, Gwen Graterix, Maureen Daly, Judy Dearing, Margaret Grandidge, ??Sherburn,?Duggelby, The Saltmers, Joe Simpson & wife Phoebe, Charlie Brown, Dick Cawthorne , Dougie Newlove & Wife, ??Pashby
Ted Dervey & Margaret, ? Milner, Jean Ogelby, Lillian Wroe, Thelma Arnold nee Weir( I was her bridesmaid) ? Sherburn, Evelyn Dennis, Dennis? Belle Woodmansy, Ruth Coates, Ruth Cooper. Eric Coville.
We worked hard, on nights I remember pulling the coal in to the black iron stoves on a bumper cloth, and the dawn chorus from the cemetery next door!!
It's a different world now and the technical side of medicine is almost unrecognisable, but ERGH covered a large area & it was only intended as a temporary Hospital, it served the people well , Part 3 was a different issue, any more memories anyone!
DeeM

Postby SueG » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:23 pm

I see Ev Dennis has just died, and Margaret Grandage died a few weeks ago. All the old ones disappearing,
Sue
SueG

Return to Where Are You Now?