Hello Driff!

If you used to live in Driffield, and have moved on, why not drop a quick note and let everyone know how you are getting on.

Hello Driff!

Postby mick newton » Fri May 17, 2002 11:03 pm

Dave, Mick (Driff School 67 to 71)and Tim Newton, all of ex RAF Driffield fame from 68' to 75' Anyone remember Alan Bremner, Alan Coates, the Makins, Proudlocks,etc etc? We all have great memories of all the pubs particularly the Railway Tavern, Bell, Red Lion, Highwayman etc. Are they all still there?
mick newton

Postby mick newton » Wed May 22, 2002 8:39 pm

quote:

Yes I remember the Makins & Proudlocks. Ian, Glen and Alan have all moved away. I was at Driff School 1969 onwards. The Proudlocks are still in Driffield. One works up at the Alfred Bean. The other I believe works at the Sports Center. Do you remember Marion Thomson who once went out with Micheal Bull and was with the darts team from the Buffet (Doris and Alec. Do you also remember the Carter's Dave and Mick who were in Scouts and they had a sister if I remember correctly was called Helen?

mick newton

Postby mick newton » Wed May 22, 2002 8:53 pm

Thanks Derek. Yes, I remember all of them, we all had some great under age binges in the buffet. My brother Dave went out with Marion for a while. Spent summers working in Twydales and Broadacres turkey farms.....yuk! How about Lesley Evans, Candy something who lived near the railway station, Ron Budzak and Alan Coates
mick newton

Postby mick newton » Wed May 22, 2002 8:55 pm

Hi Sid, I remember you OK, we had some really dodgy teachers at that school. What are you up to these days?
mick newton

Postby SID » Fri May 24, 2002 9:22 pm

Hello Mick -- Married -- 3 kids -- Mark 27 Paul 25 and Helen 2
Self employed Agricultural Engineer and part-time musician !!
Live in Cranswick -- check our web site www.montanna.co.uk
email address is also Graham@montanna.co.uk -- How about you ???
SID

Postby mick newton » Sun May 26, 2002 9:47 pm

Hi Sid, I'm still in the good old RAF, also married (26 years) with 1 son, Paul (24) who is currently doing a degree at Sheffield Uni. Currently living in Belgium and having a great time quaffing the excellent beers over here. Do you have any idea what happened to Alan Coates?
mick newton

Postby SID » Sun May 26, 2002 11:08 pm

Hi Mick -- don't know how true it is but a few years ago someone told me he was a vicar !! -- think his brother Eric still lives local,
if I see him I'll find out !!.

Edited by - sid on 27 May 2002 12:11:47 PM
SID

Postby mick newton » Thu May 30, 2002 9:50 pm

Hi Sid,
I don't remember you being musical, Dave Robbo was the guy who played the guitar as I remember. As for me, I'm still in the good old RAF, I got married to miriam whilst working in Malta in 76', we have one son Paul who is 24 years old and seems to be a professional student at Sheffield Uni. Do you have any idea what happened to Alan Coates?
mick newton

Postby SID » Thu Jun 13, 2002 5:35 pm

Hi Mick -- yeah Dave still plays, he lives in Cranswick -- see him from time to time !!! -- No news on Alan yet !! Kevin Okeefe got in touch a few month's ago -- do you remember him ?
SID

Postby ian makin » Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:45 am

quote:

Dave, Mick (Driff School 67 to 71)and Tim Newton, all of ex RAF Driffield fame from 68' to 75' Anyone remember Alan Bremner, Alan Coates, the Makins, Proudlocks,etc etc? We all have great memories of all the pubs particularly the Railway Tavern, Bell, Red Lion, Highwayman etc. Are they all still there?

hi
iam now living in holland
and still drinking
great to see that the old raf camp boys are still kicking
dont get back to driff a lot as all our lot moved to s.africa
alan bremner joined the raf last heard of in binbrook
got to go now
will post some more later
all the best
Ian
ian makin

Next