Driff. Girls School late 50's early 60's

If you used to live in Driffield, and have moved on, why not drop a quick note and let everyone know how you are getting on.

Driff. Girls School late 50's early 60's

Postby sue » Mon Oct 09, 2000 10:30 pm

Anybody out there who was at school with me.
Specially June Allison, Maggie Horner, Ann Kennington, Janie Kane, Bornwyn Cooper - I'd love to hear how your'e all getting on
sue

Postby Mrs Hazel Ferraby » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi, Audrey. I remember you very well - I too was in the same class. Can recall that we had some laughs - especially before registration and also in the typing/ shorthand class. So if you are still out there reading these quotes. please get in touch. Maiden name Petch.
quote:
Originally posted by Mrs Hazel Ferraby
quote:
Originally posted by claire
Remember Bronwyn Cooper well, used to go skating at Bridlington with her. My name is Audrey Humfryes and my sister is Yvonne. We used to live on the RAF base. Yvonne was born in 46 and I was born in 47. I also remember the Gatenby's well, as Judy was one of Yvonne's best friends.
I was in the A stream from 59 to 63 with Mr Flowers as my form master, but my favourite was Mr Allen the science teacher. Mr Dodds was the English teacher, but we didn't hit it off very well. I also had Miss Brown as the headteacher.

I remember the scraps from the fish and chip shop (and weren't they wonderful and cheap). There is also a boy I remember called Cisco, that we used to have wonderful fun with at the local fair just up from the Zanzibar cafe. (Lots of memories there).

Would you believe it that now I live in Spain almost next door to a lady whose father used to be a bank manager in Driffield whilst I lived there. Ain't life funny.

So if there is anyone out there that remembers me, please find the time to reply. I would love to hear from you.

Mrs Hazel Ferraby

Postby Audrey Humfryes » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:09 pm

quote:
Hi, Audrey. I remember you very well - I too was in the same class. Can recall that we had some laughs - especially before registration and also in the typing/ shorthand class. So if you are still out there reading these quotes. please get in touch. Maiden name Petch.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by claire
Remember Bronwyn Cooper well, used to go skating at Bridlington with her. My name is Audrey Humfryes and my sister is Yvonne. We used to live on the RAF base. Yvonne was born in 46 and I was born in 47. I also remember the Gatenby's well, as Judy was one of Yvonne's best friends.
I was in the A stream from 59 to 63 with Mr Flowers as my form master, but my favourite was Mr Allen the science teacher. Mr Dodds was the English teacher, but we didn't hit it off very well. I also had Miss Brown as the headteacher.

I remember the scraps from the fish and chip shop (and weren't they wonderful and cheap). There is also a boy I remember called Cisco, that we used to have wonderful fun with at the local fair just up from the Zanzibar cafe. (Lots of memories there).

Would you believe it that now I live in Spain almost next door to a lady whose father used to be a bank manager in Driffield whilst I lived there. Ain't life funny.

So if there is anyone out there that remembers me, please find the time to reply. I would love to hear from you.

Audrey Humfryes

Postby avp » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:47 am

Hi Audrey. Probably not remember me I Ann Proudlcok n sister Lila were there at school then loved Zanzibar, thought we Cool. Lookin back we all were! Mr Alan Ohh!
avp

Postby pauline1946 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:32 pm

hi i was at school with you all my name is pauline sellers nee hopwood i live in whitby now
pauline1946

Postby finsbury » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:36 pm

dave sissons (cisco) is now into dog breeding and dog training
finsbury

Postby pauline1946 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:52 am

hi i remember you i was born in 46 judy gatenby died a long time ago
pauline1946

Postby CheckingItOut » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:15 pm

quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Humfryes

Audrey, can you contact me at thelidlesseye2002@yahoo.com

Richard / Steven